Introduction Audio What's New? Movie Clips Downloads Making Waves Interaction Writings Film Info Websites Historical Info Experiences Image Gallery Merchandise Artwork B2T Games Music Guestbook

Today in Titanic History - with Searching
Today in
Titanic History

Tuesday, October 22, 2024
1886 - 1st class survivor Mr George Achilles Harder was born to Victor Achilles Harder and Minnie Mehl Harder in New York City, New York, USA.

1974 - 2nd class survivor Mrs Antonine Marie Mallet died in Paris, France at the age of 86.

1888 - 3rd class passenger Mr Nils Martin Ödahl was born to Ola Öhdal and Hanna Nilsson.

1887 - 3rd class passenger Mr René Aimé Lievens was born in Heldergem, Belgium.

1926 - Able Seaman and survivor Mr William Henry Lionel Weller died in a shipwreck at the age of 44.

search other dates

Help B2T stay afloat!

Shop at Cafepress
Buy this on a t-shirt!
Buy this on a t-shirt!
Buy this on a t-shirt!
more Titanic designs




Is There Life After Love?: Part 3


Rated PG-13
© 1999 Jana Clayton @ cheleclayton@yahoo.com
based on some characters
and situations originated by James Cameron

Around 1915

Not longer after the dawn of her acting career, Rose met an actor who was genuinely interested in courting her. Michael Calvert was shocked at first when he found out that Rose was a young mother, widowed even. She'd never told him, but he'd never asked.

Over lunch one day she recalled, "My husband was an excellent artist. His drawings were so real they were almost like photographs. He could tell everything about you simply by looking in your eyes." I lost him the night the Titanic sank, she remembered but never told anyone. She was also careful not to release too much information about Jack to Mr. Calvert.

Rose had an interest in Michael, but every time she accepted a date with him, as innocent as it was, she felt like she was betraying her love for Jack, and told him so. "Rose, who do you want? The love of your life who died to save you or a genuinely sweet man who has offered to fill the void in your heart that you promised me you'd find someone to fill?" She heard Jack's next words loud and clear in her ear. "Do you love him?" The inquiry that once referred to Caledon Hockley, and she thought terribly rude, was now the truth that he wanted her to come to terms with. "Yes," she said aloud.

After debating the idea for a year, Rose agreed to marry Michael in a private ceremony on June 5, 1917. In the chapel, when it dawned on her that she now had two husbands, she lifted her eyes to heaven as a tear ran down her cheek. She couldn't ever see him except in her dreams but she always felt him watching over her.

Jack smiled as he saw her looking up at him. She fulfilled her promise to find another man to love, but never in the way she loved him. At the same time, Jack was crushed. "Rose, that should be my wedding to you. I should be the one exchanging vows and the one who kisses you and touches you when you crawl into bed tonight!" He added, but not so she could hear, "You'll have to wait 79 years before I can hold you like that again outside of your memories."

The End





about back-to-titanic.com | contact us