Introduction Audio What's New? Movie Clips Downloads Making Waves Interaction Writings Film Info Websites Historical Info Experiences Image Gallery Merchandise Artwork B2T Games Music Guestbook

Today in Titanic History - with Searching
Today in
Titanic History

Tuesday, October 22, 2024
1886 - 1st class survivor Mr George Achilles Harder was born to Victor Achilles Harder and Minnie Mehl Harder in New York City, New York, USA.

1974 - 2nd class survivor Mrs Antonine Marie Mallet died in Paris, France at the age of 86.

1888 - 3rd class passenger Mr Nils Martin Ödahl was born to Ola Öhdal and Hanna Nilsson.

1887 - 3rd class passenger Mr René Aimé Lievens was born in Heldergem, Belgium.

1926 - Able Seaman and survivor Mr William Henry Lionel Weller died in a shipwreck at the age of 44.

search other dates

Help B2T stay afloat!

Shop at Cafepress
Buy this on a t-shirt!
Buy this on a t-shirt!
Buy this on a t-shirt!
more Titanic designs




Starting Anew: Chapter 45, One Perfect Night, Part 2


Rated PG-13
© 1999 Shirley @ SDL747@aol.com
based on some characters
and situations originated by James Cameron

Much later.......

Jack sat near the campfire leaning against the tree, with Rose cradled in his lap. They had donned their jackets and were wrapped in one of the blankets that Gus has sent along. The only sounds were of the popping and crackling of the fire and the crunching of small animals who were scurrying through the darkened forest. The lake was motionless like a satin coverlet. Above the stars shone like pinpoints through a velvet curtain.

"I don't think I've ever seen anything so perfect in my entire life," whispered Rose, as she looked up at him.

"Me either," he said, gazing down at her.

"No, not us Jack. This, the world around us here."

"I know what you mean, Rose. I wanted so much for you to see this."

He shifted Rose in his lap and stretched his legs to a more comfortable position.

"Look up there," he said pointing to the sky. "There are millions are stars up there. You can see the Milky Way."

"Do you know the names of any of them?" Rose asked.

"I wish I did. I just know a couple of them. See that is the North Star. And the Big Dipper. And I know one more. Cassiopeia. Golden Moon's people call all of that the Star Nation. They believe that everything in nature has a name and a personality. I guess I know more about that, than the early astronomers. The trees are the Standing People. Then there is Grandfather Sun, Grandmother Moon, Mother Earth and Father Sky."

Rose sighed against his chest. "You know so much about everything that is beautiful."

"I know about you," he answered.

"Oh, but Jack, this is all so important. Someday you will make a wonderful father."

Jack held his breath waiting for her to say more. But Rose remained quiet.

When she spoke it was about something else.

"Remember when we were in Chippewa Falls and Golden Moon said you were like a hawk because you could see people or see into their thoughts? What was that all about?

Jack looked down at her with a tender expression on his face.

"The People," Jack began, "believe that each person has animals that walk with them all the time. Those animal guides give them medicine, or really characteristics that make up their personality. There are nine for each person, but the two most important are the ones that walk at your side."

"What are yours?

"Whew," said Jack. "You would ask that. I used to remember all nine, but now I only know the two. One is the hawk and the other is the dolphin."

"The dolphin?" questioned Rose. "The hawk I can see by your eyes, but I don't exactly see you as a dolphin."

"It's not the physical things. It's what's in your mind. A person with dolphin medicine spreads joy."

"I see," said Rose. "Well, you certainly have brought me joy. Do you think I have any of that animal medicine?"

"I'm sure you do Rose. I used to know all this. When Jay and I were kids, Golden Moon made us learn all the totem animals and then give us a reward when we memorized it. Let me think for a minute."

Jack looked down and Rose and studied her for awhile. Her hair cascaded over his arm like a sheet of fire. Her body warmed his in the evening chill. Looking at her made thinking almost an impossibility.

"I might not be right, but I would say that you have the medicine of the butterfly and the deer. The butterfly because that symbolizes a kind of self transformation. And the deer because of your gentle spirit. In spite of your fiery temperament, you are a very gentle and caring person."

"Oh, Jack, you've made me feel so special," she said, stroking his arm. "Do you really think that is true?"

"I know it's true. I wouldn't be here with you otherwise."

Then Jack was quiet. The silence of the night enveloped them. He could almost hear her heart beating. Jack stared into her eyes with an intensity that Rose had never seen before.

"Rose, stand up."

Rose got up and stretched as they had been lying on the ground for some time. Jack too stood up. He pulled up the blanket and folded it over his arms.

Rose stood near the campfire where the light from the fire played on her hair. Jack took both her hands in his. His piercing eyes were riveted on her. With the shadows on his face and the look of want in his eyes, he appeared to Rose as some sort of pagan god.

"We have to go somewhere now," he said whispered.

"Where, Jack," Rose said breathlessly.

"It's time for our trip to the stars," he said gently caressing her face.

"Oh, Jack," she sighed, with her heart pounding.

He led her to the small tent and held the flap open for her to enter.

And there, under the watchful eyes of the Standing People, and with the approval of the Star Nation and Grandfather Sun and Grandmother Moon, Rose and Jack become one with Mother Earth and Father Sky.






about back-to-titanic.com | contact us