Introduction Audio What's New? Movie Clips Downloads Making Waves Interaction Writings Film Info Websites Historical Info Experiences Image Gallery Merchandise Artwork B2T Games Music Guestbook

Today in Titanic History - with Searching
Today in
Titanic History

Tuesday, October 22, 2024
1886 - 1st class survivor Mr George Achilles Harder was born to Victor Achilles Harder and Minnie Mehl Harder in New York City, New York, USA.

1974 - 2nd class survivor Mrs Antonine Marie Mallet died in Paris, France at the age of 86.

1888 - 3rd class passenger Mr Nils Martin Ödahl was born to Ola Öhdal and Hanna Nilsson.

1887 - 3rd class passenger Mr René Aimé Lievens was born in Heldergem, Belgium.

1926 - Able Seaman and survivor Mr William Henry Lionel Weller died in a shipwreck at the age of 44.

search other dates

Help B2T stay afloat!

Shop at Cafepress
Buy this on a t-shirt!
Buy this on a t-shirt!
Buy this on a t-shirt!
more Titanic designs




Rose's Angel: Chapter 13


Rated PG-13
© 1999 Holly @ Roseslay@aol.com
based on some characters
and situations originated by James Cameron 'Dinner was lovely,' she thought as she changed into her bed clothes. Allan's fiancée was a petite girl with thick, black, shoulder-length hair. She had big brown doe eyes that seemed to dance when she laughed. She was charming. Rose learned she and her brother were raised in the lower class and that their mother was a Chinese immigrant.

Rose thought, 'What strong people they must be to have a mixed marriage during a time when it is considered "unacceptable."' She thought the children must have strong character also to endure the prejudice of being of mixed race.

Eliza had given Rose a warm hug and welcomed her with open arms. "Rose, the fearless, adventurous, sister I have heard so much about,"she had said when meeting her.

Rose blushed and replied, "I am so glad Allan has found someone to spend the rest of his life with. He is such a kind man, he deserves to be happy."

Jack, hovering close by, thought quietly, 'So do you Rose, you deserve the physical and emotional love that I can't give you from where I am now.'

Rose looked up and saw one of the most intriguing men she had ever seen walk through the door of the restaurant. Their eyes met for a brief second and Rose had to look away. It reminded her of the first time her and Jack's eyes met on the deck of the Titanic. The connection was not as strong, but still something was there. She was stunned at her reaction to this stranger. She was completely speechless when the gentlemen walked up to the dinner table, grinning.

He stood at least six feet tall. It was obvious he worked outside and did a lot of heavy lifting. He was very lean, yet muscular. His hair, cut very short, was black as night, and he had beautiful brown eyes with specks of gold in them. You could tell by looking into his eyes he was a kind and caring man.

Eliza stood and hugged him warmly. "Rose, this is my as always-late younger brother, Brandon," she said, laughing.

"I hear we are to be partners in crime for some important event. I just can't recall what it is,"he said jokingly as he reached down and kissed Rose's hand.

Instantly she was thrown back to theTitanic. Her mind flashed back to descending the grand staircase in first class with Jack waiting for her at the bottom. She could still remember how handsome he looked standing there in his black tuxedo.

"I saw that in a nickelodeon once, and I always wanted to do it," Jack had said to her after he kissed her hand.

Rose was brought back to present time by Eliza's and Brandon's laughter. No one noticed her momentary lapse, no one, that is, except Allan. He wished she would tell him what had happened to her that had caused her so much pain. It might help her to heal if she unburdened herself to someone.

Jack watched the scene play out. Tears streamed down his cheeks. This was the man that would fill a void in Rose's heart that he couldn't. This was the man who would place his hands on her. He would be the one to live all the adventures he should have been living with her. This man, this BRANDON CALVERT, would have babies with her and watch them grow to adulthood. He would watch her hair turn gray and enjoy their grandchildren together.

"This is what you made her promise!" his mind screamed. "GOD DAMN IT TO HELL SON-OF-A-BITCH!!"he screamed at the top of his lungs. 'That should be me. WHY? WHY? WHY?' he thought. He fell to his knees sobbing.

Cora walked up to Jack looking at him very puzzled. She reached out and put her tiny hand on Jack's face. He had almost forgotten Cora and her Father were in heaven also. "Jackie am I still your best girl? I won't ever make you cry like Rosie," she said with the innocence that only a child could.

Jack's eyes widened with surprise at the sight of her. "Yes, Cora, you're still my best girl, but Rose doesn't make me cry. In fact, Rose had made me extremely happy . . . happy to have known her . . .happy to have loved her. . . happy to be the man she choose to be in her heart," he answered her.

"Well, then why are you sad, Jackie?" she asked, now extremely confused.

Well, now he did feel like a spoiled child having a tantrum. After all, he thought, it took a six-year-old to point that out to him. "I am not sad Cora, I am crying tears of joy," he answered the little girl.

Cora still didn't like Jack's explanation, but her Father was calling her, so she kissed him on the cheek and ran into the clouds straight up to her daddy's arms.

"This is what I want for you Rose, the life and love you deserve. I will step back and take my rightful place. When the time comes, I will help you to let him into your heart," he said out loud.

Thomas Andrews walked up to Jack and gently put his arm around the grieving young man. "You're a very brave and unselfish man, Jack Dawson; Caledon Hockley was below your class," he said.

Rose had a wonderful time. Brandon had made her laugh the whole evening. He was charming and very down to earth. She had learned he was twenty-eight years old and a carpenter who traveled from job to job. He entertained them with all the tales of his travels and the people he had met. Rose matched him story for story with her adventures of the past year; leaving out the greatest adventure of all -- surviving the sinking of theTitanic. The fact was not missed by Allan, but he felt it was her story to tell, when she was ready. It had become quite the competition between Rose and Brandon to see who had the most adventures. They all laughed the entire evening.

Rose and Brandon had gotten along so well he offered to walk her home, and she graciously accepted. Neither of them noticed the pleased look exchanged between Allan and Eliza.

As Rose laid in bed thinking about the evening, she felt something was wrong with Jack. She could feel it in her heart and soul. She just could not understand what was wrong, and she became worried.

Jack hovered next to her. He felt guilty that she was worrying about him. After all, what could possibly happen to him? He was already dead. 'It doesn't get any worse,' he thought laughing to himself. He was going to have to become the world's best actor if he was going to keep from Rose the extent of his pain. She would not move on if she knew how much it hurt him.

"Rose I am here. Nothing is wrong. Don't worry. I am fine." She felt him say in her soul.

Very much relieved, she smiled and said, "Goodnight Jack, I love you."Feeling reassured, she drifted off to a peaceful slumber.

Jack watched her sleeping. Her auburn hair framing her face. God, she was beautiful. He loved her so much he was willing to keeping fighting his own feelings of self-pity for her. It was more than worth it.

"Everything is as it should be," he whispered softly. He leaned down and kissed her gently on the forehead.






about back-to-titanic.com | contact us