Introduction Audio What's New? Movie Clips Downloads Making Waves Interaction Writings Film Info Websites Historical Info Experiences Image Gallery Merchandise Artwork B2T Games Music Guestbook

Today in Titanic History - with Searching
Today in
Titanic History

Tuesday, October 22, 2024
1886 - 1st class survivor Mr George Achilles Harder was born to Victor Achilles Harder and Minnie Mehl Harder in New York City, New York, USA.

1974 - 2nd class survivor Mrs Antonine Marie Mallet died in Paris, France at the age of 86.

1888 - 3rd class passenger Mr Nils Martin Ödahl was born to Ola Öhdal and Hanna Nilsson.

1887 - 3rd class passenger Mr René Aimé Lievens was born in Heldergem, Belgium.

1926 - Able Seaman and survivor Mr William Henry Lionel Weller died in a shipwreck at the age of 44.

search other dates

Help B2T stay afloat!

Shop at Cafepress
Buy this on a t-shirt!
Buy this on a t-shirt!
Buy this on a t-shirt!
more Titanic designs




Rose's Angel: Chapter 21


Rated PG-13
© 1999 Holly @ Roseslay@aol.com
based on some characters
and situations originated by James Cameron Rose walked into her sitting room. She had just taken a bath. Her hair was still a bit damp; tiny ringlets were curling around her face. Her favorite nightshirt hung down to her waist, allowing her bloomers to be in full view. It was just another way for her to spite first class and proper behavior. She plunked down on the couch, tucking her legs underneath her, concealing her bare feet. In her hands she clutched "The Heart of the Ocean". The pictures in front of her showed a young woman enjoying all that life had to offer her. A tiny tear slipped down her cheek. 'I have so much more to do' she thought

"Jack, I need you to listen to me," she began hesitantly, "I am well aware of your ability to see and feel everything I experience. I also realize I don't have the same luxury; I am allowed to feel only what you allow me to feel. I realized a long time ago you were able to conceal certain feelings you didn't want me to feel. But, Jack Dawson I am just as connected to you as you are to me. Do you hear me?"

"Yes, Rose I do," said Jack. He sat next to her on the couch, looking exactly like he did the night he appeared in the bedroom. His blond hair still hung in his eyes. Those blue eyes were as blue as the "Heart of the Ocean" she clutched so tightly in her hands. A bit shocked, Rose had to gather her thoughts before finishing what she was about to say.

"Jack," she continued on, "I am not the china doll I was on the Titanic. I am much stronger now."

"Rose, I know that," Jack interrupted her.

"No, wait, let me finish, let me get this out," Rose said.

"Okay," Jack whispered, realizing he might not want to hear this.

"Oh yes, you are going to hear this, Jack Dawson," Rose said sternly and both of them smiled. "Anyway, what I am trying to say is that I know the pain it causes you to see Brandon and myself together. Yes, you have successfully hidden those feelings from me. But I know you just as you know me. I know you gave Brandon the nerve to come after me tonight. Just as I know you sent Molly."

"How Rose?" Jack said completely taken by surprise.

"I don't know I just knew. Just like I knew you were innocent when Cal framed you," Rose answered, a little surprised herself, for she did not realize it until this moment. "I know how much you must love me to have done that. It would have been just as easy to keep me for yourself. God knows Cal would have. I wanted to tell you I love you twice as much. Yes, I love Brandon. I will not deny that. But, I love you enough to keep fighting and living. I will never let go of the promise I made you that night in the Atlantic Ocean. As long as I live, you will live in my heart. I will do all things we would have done had you survived -- for the both of us," Rose said.

Jack was completely floored. He couldn't think of one to say other than "Thank you."

"One more thing," Rose said.

"I know," said Jack.

"Yes, I suppose you do," Rose answered him.

"You have a good life with him, Rose. I told you before I have the ability to see the future. He is your destiny. I want to have lots of babies and watch them grow. I want you to have the love I can't give you." For the first time ever Jack said it without having to conceal his feelings. This was what he really wanted for her and he was happy. Rose felt his happiness for her and gently touched his face.

"I don't know when we will get married. We are leaving here the day after tomorrow for California. Before I have all those babies you are so anxious for me to have I want to try my hand at silent pictures," Rose said.

"I will be right there with you, Rose," Jack said smiling. "I have a lot of time on my hands since my future career as an artist died in the water."

"Jack, that's awful!" Rose said as both of them laughed.

Jack broke the moment and said, "Between appearing to Molly and then to you again tonight my strength is just about gone."

"Oh Jack, you have to leave already?" Rose said sadly.

Jack leaned into her, brushed the hair from her face, and kissed her gently on the lips. "Rose, I never leave you. I am always near. Good night, sweet Rose." With that he vanished right in front of her.

Rose, like Molly earlier, could have sworn she too saw Titanic in all its glory and Jack was boarding it. Then it was gone.

"Good night, Jack Dawson. I will never let go," she whispered softly.






about back-to-titanic.com | contact us