Introduction Audio What's New? Movie Clips Downloads Making Waves Interaction Writings Film Info Websites Historical Info Experiences Image Gallery Merchandise Artwork B2T Games Music Guestbook

Today in Titanic History - with Searching
Today in
Titanic History

Tuesday, October 22, 2024
1886 - 1st class survivor Mr George Achilles Harder was born to Victor Achilles Harder and Minnie Mehl Harder in New York City, New York, USA.

1974 - 2nd class survivor Mrs Antonine Marie Mallet died in Paris, France at the age of 86.

1888 - 3rd class passenger Mr Nils Martin Ödahl was born to Ola Öhdal and Hanna Nilsson.

1887 - 3rd class passenger Mr René Aimé Lievens was born in Heldergem, Belgium.

1926 - Able Seaman and survivor Mr William Henry Lionel Weller died in a shipwreck at the age of 44.

search other dates

Help B2T stay afloat!

Shop at Cafepress
Buy this on a t-shirt!
Buy this on a t-shirt!
Buy this on a t-shirt!
more Titanic designs




Rose's Angel: Chapter 31


Rated PG-13
© 1999 Holly @ Roseslay@aol.com
based on some characters
and situations originated by James Cameron

Sun was setting over the Atlantic Ocean. It was a remarkable sunset with magnificent shades of blues, pinks, and lavenders. It looked as if someone took a paintbrush and used the sky as a canvas. Jack didn't even seem to notice it as he paced back and forth. If he spoke to Molly about what the future holds, would it jeopardize his eternity with Rose? On the other hand, Rose was going to need a very strong shoulder to lean on. 'More comfort than I can give her from where I am,' he thought.

He sat down on the bench with his head in his hands. Sweat poured down his face. His heart was beating so hard that he thought it would come right through his chest. Jack didn't know where it came from, but his jumbled thoughts finally cleared. A strange calm passed over him. He felt Rose's love fill his entire being. "What was my sacrifice for?" he whispered. Answering himself he said, "To give Rose the happiness and life she deserved." There was no question what he was going to do. He would not let his selfishness get in the way of Rose's happiness. Without a second thought he was off to talk to Molly. He loved her enough to take the risk!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Rose had insisted that Eliza and Allan take Brandon's room. "After all, it's your last night together for some time," Rose said.

"Very nice of you to offer them my room, Rose" Brandon said smirking. Rose playfully swatted at him.

"Why dear brother, with all the places you have slept in, I should think the couch would seem like a luxury," Eliza responded.

"I don't know if putting the two of them together again was such a smart idea," Allan said, nodding to Brandon. "It seemed to have slipped my mind all the trouble they used to cause when they were together."

"Oh Allan," Rose said, rolling her eyes, "You're too uptight."

It was a wonderful evening. Brandon and Eliza cooked Chinese dishes passed down to them by their Mother. It was delicious. Eliza promised to teach Rose how to prepare all the Chinese recipes she knew while the men were away. They ate their meal sitting on cushions on the floor.

Brandon said, "If you're going to eat Chinese food, you have to do it right!"

Rose saw the look on Allan's face and stifled a giggle. Brandon saw it too and winked at Rose.

They laughed and joked for hours, telling tales of their adventures of the past few years. Naturally Brandon had to tell about Rose's audition with D.W. Griffith. Even Allan couldn't control his laughter hearing how Rose was chased around a studio with a gun.

But all too soon, it was time to retire for the evening. Rose wanted to time to stop, let them go on like this for a while longer. The last time she had felt this way was with Jack on the Titanic. She had wanted her time with Jack to go on forever. 'It just didn't work out that way,' she thought sadly to herself.

Rose looked up, her eyes meeting Allan's. He had seen the familiar sadness and raw pain fill her eyes, the same pain he had seen time and again for as long as he had known her. It was her own private sorrow she would never share with him or anyone else. "Some things, sweet Rose, never change," he whispered in her ear as he kissed her goodnight on the cheek.

Brandon began to settle himself on the couch. "I think I will go put my night clothes on," Rose said, walking into her room shutting the door behind her.

Rose no longer spoke to Jack before she went to bed. She had been too angry with him after their last conversation. "I just can't speak to him objectively right now," she whispered as she quietly fingered her pictures. Her thoughts drifted back in time to when each picture had been taken. There in her room Rose made a decision. Quietly she tiptoed out of her bedroom towards Brandon sleeping on the couch.

"Brandon, are you awake?" she whispered in his ear.

Reaching up, he pulled her into his strong arms. She could hear his heart beating in her ear as she rested her head on his chest.

"I want you to love me!" Rose whispered.

Brandon sat up perplexed and replied "I already do love you very much."

Rose swallowed hard, placed her hand tenderly on Brandon's face, and said, "I want you to make love to me. Tonight! You might," she said hesitating "We might never have the chance again."

Brandon looked her in the eye "Rose Dawson, we will have our entire lives to make love. I could not live with myself if I made love to you tonight and then left you in the morning. Do you understand me?" he said, his voice filled with emotion.

Rose could not meet his eyes. Her strength was gone. All hope seemed to leave her body.

Brandon, sensing Rose's defeat, desperately searched for words. Finally he said, "Rose, I promise you I will come home. We will have the biggest goddamn wedding anyone in this town has ever seen. I promise no matter what happens I will get back to you."

Before she could say anything he said, "Alive! I will come back to you alive. I give you my word of honor".

"Could you hold me tonight, please?" Rose whispered fighting back tears.

Without a word Brandon pulled her into his strong arms and fell back on the couch. She snuggled close to him, resting her head on his bear chest.

That was how Eliza and Allan found them when they awoke that morning.






about back-to-titanic.com | contact us