Introduction Audio What's New? Movie Clips Downloads Making Waves Interaction Writings Film Info Websites Historical Info Experiences Image Gallery Merchandise Artwork B2T Games Music Guestbook

Today in Titanic History - with Searching
Today in
Titanic History

Tuesday, October 22, 2024
1886 - 1st class survivor Mr George Achilles Harder was born to Victor Achilles Harder and Minnie Mehl Harder in New York City, New York, USA.

1974 - 2nd class survivor Mrs Antonine Marie Mallet died in Paris, France at the age of 86.

1888 - 3rd class passenger Mr Nils Martin Ödahl was born to Ola Öhdal and Hanna Nilsson.

1887 - 3rd class passenger Mr René Aimé Lievens was born in Heldergem, Belgium.

1926 - Able Seaman and survivor Mr William Henry Lionel Weller died in a shipwreck at the age of 44.

search other dates

Help B2T stay afloat!

Shop at Cafepress
Buy this on a t-shirt!
Buy this on a t-shirt!
Buy this on a t-shirt!
more Titanic designs




Rose's Angel: Chapter 42


Rated PG-13
© 1999 Holly @ Roseslay@aol.com
based on some characters
and situations originated by James Cameron

January 19, 1931

Brandon paced up and down the hallway, sweat pouring down his face, despite the brisk below freezing temperature outside. 'This will be my second child coming into the world. You'd think I would be use to he it,' he thought extremely frustrated with himself for not being able to take the pain away from Rose. Brandon prided himself being able to take care of his family. But his wife was in agony and there wasn't a damn thing he could do about it. A long painful scream came from inside the bedroom. Brandon fought the urge to break the door down to get to his precious Rose. Frantic and nervous Brandon began talking out loud to himself. "It's okay. Every thing is going to be fine. After all Molly is in there, so is Eliza, and the mid-wife is the best in the county. Why am I not believing what I am saying?" Brandon nearly screamed. Irritated, he brushed his black hair from his eyes and was just about to punch the wall in frustration when he heard a voice.

"Don't do it. You will only end up breaking your hand. That won't do Rose any good, now will it?" Jack said sternly.

Brandon was startled. He turned to see a young man of twenty years of age, with blond shaggy hair; he was dressed in a white shirt, his tan suspenders hung off his waist. His hands were dug deep into the pockets of his tan trousers. But what struck Brandon was the young man's crystal blue eyes they were unwavering as he starred at Brandon.

"What the? How did you get in here?" Brandon stammered.

The two men eyed each other. One man had changed Rose's life forever and the other man was Rose's life now. It was an odd experience for both men. Jack swallowed hard, and once again buried the pain of not being the one Rose lived out the rest of her life with.

"Dawson, Jack Dawson. It's a pleasure to meet you," Jack replied, extending his hand to Brandon.

"Dawson? Are you a relative of Rose?" Brandon asked, still weary of the stranger standing in his house, yet taking Jack's hand more out of habit than friendliness towards the stranger standing in his house.

"You could say that," Jack answered evenly, fighting back the urge to tell Brandon the truth.

Realizing this was going to be harder than he thought, he dug within himself for the strength to bring comfort to the man who stood before him, who loved his Rose. HIS ROSE, he thought bitterly. But the bitterness lasted but an instant and what Jack did next showed just how deep his love for Rose ran.

Reaching up Jack put his hand on Brandon's shoulder. "It is going to be all right. The baby is breach, but Molly can handle it. You are going to have a beautiful daughter. Trust me! Everything is going to be alright now," Jack said his eyes never leaving Brandon's.

A sudden, strange calmness came over Brandon. He looked at the young man in front of him. "Thank you," he whispered.

Suddenly the bedroom door flew open, "Hurry up, Brandon, get yourself in here to meet your new daughter," Molly bellowed.

Startled, Brandon turned to look at Molly; he rushed past her into the bedroom where his wife lay holding his new daughter. He had completely forgotten about the young man who had told him things would turn out fine, and had eased his worried mind.

Molly caught a glimpse of Jack as he disappeared and whispered, "You have a bigger heart than anyone I have ever met, Jack Dawson."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Jack stood silently in the corner watching Rose nurse her new daughter. She had named her Madeline. She had swirls of black curly hair. Brandon was gently cradling his wife, and Andrew lay sleeping at the foot of his parent's bed -- the perfect family, just as he had wanted for Rose. 'You're doing it, Rose,' Jack thought as he wiped a tear from his eye.

Rose heard Jack in her heart and whispered back, 'And you're here with me. Inside my heart."

More to come!





about back-to-titanic.com | contact us