Introduction Audio What's New? Movie Clips Downloads Making Waves Interaction Writings Film Info Websites Historical Info Experiences Image Gallery Merchandise Artwork B2T Games Music Guestbook

Today in Titanic History - with Searching
Today in
Titanic History

Tuesday, October 22, 2024
1886 - 1st class survivor Mr George Achilles Harder was born to Victor Achilles Harder and Minnie Mehl Harder in New York City, New York, USA.

1974 - 2nd class survivor Mrs Antonine Marie Mallet died in Paris, France at the age of 86.

1888 - 3rd class passenger Mr Nils Martin Ödahl was born to Ola Öhdal and Hanna Nilsson.

1887 - 3rd class passenger Mr René Aimé Lievens was born in Heldergem, Belgium.

1926 - Able Seaman and survivor Mr William Henry Lionel Weller died in a shipwreck at the age of 44.

search other dates

Help B2T stay afloat!

Shop at Cafepress
Buy this on a t-shirt!
Buy this on a t-shirt!
Buy this on a t-shirt!
more Titanic designs




A Love Never Fading: Chapter 19


Rated PG-13
© 1999 Isobel Christian @ ELIZAFAIR@aol.com
based on some characters
and situations originated by James Cameron

"Champagne?"

"Yes, thank you." The waiter poured Rose a glass then disappeared into the kitchen to prepare their meal.

They were seated at a table that looked out on the street. Rose smiled as carriages passed by. She felt eyes on her and turned to Jack, who was practically glowing.

"I'm glad it's not crowded. I want us to be alone." He put his hand on top of hers.

Rose blushed.

"How was your day out with Maggie?"

"It was good. Except for the art store."

Jack looked surprised. "Really? What happened?"

"It was the girl who was working there. She didn't seem to found of me."

"She was just jealous."

"I think she just thought that I was some sort of first class twit. Like, what does a rich snob like her know about art? Where are her servants? Shouldn't they be shopping for her?" She cast her eyes down at the table cloth. "But I'm not like that Jack. I know about a lot of things. My father taught me all about the world." She returned her gaze to Jacks. "I especially know about art. I wanted to go to university and study art."

"Really? Rose you never told me that."

"It never came up. Your forgetting Jack. I've only known you a week."

Jack laughed. "Well, Rose that's easy to forget. I feel like I've known you my entire life."

Rose smiled coolly. "Me too."

"Don't worry about what she thinks of you. I think your the most amazing woman in the world."

"And that's all that matters, Jack. That's all that I care about."

Jack smiled at what Rose had just said. "So tell me about you wanting to study art."

Rose told Jack about how she had always been fascinated with the art world. She had actually wanted to go to a theater school, but she knew her mother would never ever permit it. So she decided next on studying art. She thought maybe she could teach it. Then however, Cal came into the picture so she couldn't even do that.

Jack was blown away by Rose. Throughout the dinner her past was slowly becoming clearer and clearer. She talked about what a trouble maker she had been at boarding school. He was particularly interested in hearing about the beginnings of her relationship with Cal. She had been charmed by him and he knew she would make a perfect wife. It was arranged that they would be married, but as the engagement went on Rose felt like she was being suffocated. Everything was being planned for her. It was the end. Once she was married that would be it.

Jack didn't think it was possible but by the end of dinner he had fallen more deeply in love with Rose. By learning about her past they discovered that they had more in common than a love of art and each other. Both had been very mischievous in school. They adored being outside. And of course they had a passion for adventure.

When they were finished Rose looked out the window and sighed. "I don't want to go home yet. The sun has just started setting." Jack walked around the table and took her hand. "Then we won't go home."

They walked hand in hand down the side walk. The sky was turning pink and orange as the sun began to fade away. Jack smiled when he saw a carriage coming towards them. "Say Rose. How would you like to go for a ride?" She watched as Jack waved for the carriage to pull up next to them. "Why Jack. I would love too."

"Would you like a ride sir?" The driver asked.

"Yes, we would. Where exactly to you go?" Jack wondered.

"I'll take you around central park and right through it. And for a little extra I'll stop and you could walk around."

Rose smiled brightly. "That sounds wonderful."

Jack helped Rose up into the carriage. He put his arm around her shoulder and held her free hand in his own. The driver smiled to himself. "Young Love." He began to move to carriage down the street.

Rose sighed. It was so peaceful. She felt so relaxed. "Jack this day couldn't possibly get any better." Jack smiled at that. He knew it could. He started to think about how he would give her the ring. The park. Somewhere in the park would be perfect. Jack relaxed and enjoyed the ride towards their destination.

The gentle bumping of the wheels. And the lulled sound of people on the street. Along with the hypnotic color of the sky had put Rose in a trance. It was like she was in a dream. She felt so safe in Jacks arms. She just wanted to freeze the way everything was at that moment.

Once they entered the park Rose was even more at peace. They rode along the path. They past stables and saw care takers trimming the flowers. Above them were trees dripping with flowers. Petals danced gracefully to the ground in a steady drizzle.

Jack gently leaned up to the drivers ear. "Could you let us off by the lake, please?"

"Certainly sir." Jack nodded his thanks and soon had Rose back in his arms.

Rose felt Jack move away from her but didn't pay much attention because he was back in the same position in a matter of seconds.

They continued down the path and a light breeze began to blow as the turned towards the lake. The carriage started to slow. Rose lifted her head and smiled at Jack. "It's time for a stroll." He said.

Jack climbed out of the seat and helped Rose down. They started to walk and Jack whispered thank you to the driver. He smiled and watched the two young lovers walk of towards the water. There arms wrapped around each other. He sighed, "there is something special about those two" he thought.

Rose sighed as the walked along the lake. They stopped, Jack moved behind her, and wrapped his arms around her stomach. She laid her head back on his chest. "Rose?"

"Huum?"

"I love you so much. In all this time I've know you there hasn't been a moment when you weren't on my mind. You've changed so much since we first met, and I love you more because of it. I want to be with you forever. We can grow together. Now even though you already answered me. I want to ask you again." He walked around and kneeled in front of her. Jack took the ring out of his pocket. Rose gasped at the sight of the it. "Rose will you marry?"

Rose smiled. "Yes, Just like I told you before yes, yes, yes."

Jack slipped the ring on her finger and in a heartbeat had his arms wrapped around Roses waist. Their lips were locked in a passionate kiss. Everything around them disappeared. Nothing mattered except each other. They stayed like that for a long while, just happy loving each other.

Hand in hand the walked further around the lake. "Jack, the ring is so beautiful. I've never seen anything like it."

"Well, it's for a very special lady."

Rose smiled. "I'm so lucky to have you. There isn't another soul on the planet who I want to spend my life more."

"And what a life it will be." Jack pulled Rose close to him. "We'll head out for the horizon..."

"And go wherever the wind takes us." Rose finished his sentence.

Jack smiled "No worries."

"No turning back."

"And most importantly no body to come between us."

Rose looked deeply into Jacks eyes when he said that. "No body will ever come between us again." Her gaze fell to his lips. "Nobody."

They were embraced so tightly, and kissing so furiously that they didn't even notice that the sun had gone down. It took a few minutes but Rose realized the blackness surrounding them. "We should get back to the carriage." Jack nodded and they started to walk. He looked down and noticed they were holding hands. "Now that won't do at all. He wrapped his arm around her waist and laid her head on his shoulder.

The driver smiled when he saw them coming back. Arms around each other. He noticed a small diamond glinting in the star light. "They're made for each other."






about back-to-titanic.com | contact us