Introduction Audio What's New? Movie Clips Downloads Making Waves Interaction Writings Film Info Websites Historical Info Experiences Image Gallery Merchandise Artwork B2T Games Music Guestbook

Today in Titanic History - with Searching
Today in
Titanic History

Tuesday, October 22, 2024
1886 - 1st class survivor Mr George Achilles Harder was born to Victor Achilles Harder and Minnie Mehl Harder in New York City, New York, USA.

1974 - 2nd class survivor Mrs Antonine Marie Mallet died in Paris, France at the age of 86.

1888 - 3rd class passenger Mr Nils Martin Ödahl was born to Ola Öhdal and Hanna Nilsson.

1887 - 3rd class passenger Mr René Aimé Lievens was born in Heldergem, Belgium.

1926 - Able Seaman and survivor Mr William Henry Lionel Weller died in a shipwreck at the age of 44.

search other dates

Help B2T stay afloat!

Shop at Cafepress
Buy this on a t-shirt!
Buy this on a t-shirt!
Buy this on a t-shirt!
more Titanic designs




A Love Never Fading: Chapter 24


Rated PG-13
© 1999 Isobel Christian @ ELIZAFAIR@aol.com
based on some characters
and situations originated by James Cameron

A light breeze danced around Rose, her eyes opened gently she sat up and saw that Jack was gone. She smiled. He had told her last night that for good luck he wouldn't see her until the wedding. She sighed and laid herself back down. All of the windows were open so the apartment was nice and cool. Rose looked over to the window and saw what a beautiful day it was. Yes, this was indeed going to be perfect day. Her thoughts were interrupted by a light tapping on the door.

"Good morning sunshine." Maggie smiled and walked right past Rose and plopped herself down on the couch. "So are you ready to get married? Or do I need to buy you a train ticket so you can run away?" Rose laughed and curled up in the big chair. "I'm ready to get married."

"Good, because we have so much to do. You go take a shower and I'll make us some breakfast."

"You are too good to me." Rose said as she walked down the hall. Maggie smiled and went into Jack and Roses tiny kitchen.

About 45 minutes later Rose was in her bedroom. She had put on a long skirt and blouse and decided to leave her hair down because she was going to have it done anyway. Rose walked over to the dresser to get her locket but instead gasped when she saw a box with card. The envelope simple said "Rose" She opened it and found a card with flowers on it that read.

For My Dearest Rose,

I'm afraid that at any minute I will wake up and find out that all of this has been a wonderful dream. I love you. I will never be able to put it into words how I fell about you. The sight of you sets my soul flying. Your sent calms me like a mothers touch. To feel your lips against mine is to discover paradise. Maybe one day it will all come out. At least today I will finally be able to take you into my arms as my wife. Remember that as long as you have me I am yours. My love for you will never fade.

Eternally Yours,

Jack

Rose felt the tears in her eyes as she began to unwrap the present. Her breath was taken away. A beautiful jewelry box of dark wood sat in her hands. Vivid red roses were painted on the top. Painted along side of them were the words "To the stars..." when she opened it her heart skipped a beat, the music to "Come Josephine In My Flying Machine" played clearly. She ran her fingers along the red velvet inside and smiled to her self. She began to quietly sing the song that meant so much to her.

"Are you ready to go?" Maggie asked. They had finished eating breakfast. During the meal Maggie had talked about her wedding day and how hectic it was. All of her brothers, Brian's siblings, their cousins, and parents of course were there. She said she liked Roses much better. Everyone she cared about was going. And it didn't matter how few people that was.

"Yes, I'm ready." They were going to go down to Sarah's and have everything done there. Sarah said she would close the shop so they would have it all to themselves.

"Lets go then." Maggie took Roses hand and the two girls left the house and headed out for a day of preparation.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

"So where are you going on your honey moon?"

Jack looked up from his stack of pancakes. Brian had offered to take him out for breakfast that way they would be out of the house and by the time they got back Rose and Maggie would be gone. "Santa Monica."

"You're going all the way to California?"

"It holds a special meaning for me and Rose."

"Still, that must have cost you a fortune."

"Not exactly. I was all set to pay. You know we have all that money from Cal, the ring, and now my job. When I told Erik about where I was going he insisted on paying. He bought us first class train tickets and rented us a tiny bungalow on the beach. Plus he booked us into a honeymoon suite at a hotel for tonight."

"Oh my god. That's incredible. Erik sure does care about you guys."

"He's wonderful. Especially to Rose. I'm glad I meet him." Jacks mind went back to Titanic. Erik reminded him so much of Mr. Andrews. The way they both were with her. Of course Erik had more time be with Rose, but Mr. Andrews was still one of the most compassionate people he had ever meet. He had a gleam in his eye when it came to Rose.

"Is Rose really excited?"

Jack smiled. "She doesn't know about any of it yet. She knows we're going away for two weeks but I haven't told her where. I'm going to tell her tonight."

"She'll be ecstatic."

"I hope so." Jack and Brian shared a laugh.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

Sarah unlocked the door and let Rose & Maggie in. "Oh it's a beautiful day for your wedding dear," she exclaimed. Sarah hugged them both and gave them kisses on the cheeks. "Come let's get you ready."

During the day the girls had been all around the city. They picked up flowers, checked the restaurant to make sure their reservations were made. They went down and checked their carriage. Jack and Rose both thought it would be a marvelous idea to rent a large carriage that all the guests could ride in to the photos and the restaurant. It would also take the three girls to the church. They even managed to get the same driver that had driven them through central park. Maggie and Rose stopped off for a light lunch and finally went down to the "Ashes and Roses Ladies Shop."

They walked to the back of the store. Roses dress hung beautifully from a stand. Immediately Rose noticed a difference. "Where did that come from?" She asked pointing to the broach that was sewed onto the dress.

Sarah smiled. "That my dear was dropped off this morning by a very dashing gentlemen. He said that I was to put it on the dress of Ms. Rose Dawson and that he would explain it all at the church."

"Well, it looks incredible on the dress." Maggie exclaimed.

"Yes, it does look lovely." Rose smiled to herself.

"I'm sure it will look even better when it's on you." Sarah said.

Rose giggled. "This is so exciting." She took the dress and went into the dressing room.

5 minutes later...

"Ok. I'm ready." Rose opened the door and stepped out.

They didn't say anything. Since Rose had tried it on last Sarah had sewed pearls into the dress skirt and onto the top. She literally glowed. Her brilliant red hair in contrast to the white made her face seem like a porcelain dolls. Neither women had seen a more beautiful picture in their entire life.

"Well?" Rose asked anxiously.

"You look amazing." Sarah said in awe.

"You do." Maggie nodded in agreement.

She smiled and walked over to the mirror. Rose couldn't help but smile. She was so happy. Suddenly Maggie came up behind her and placed a string of pearls around her neck.

"Maggie, what are you doing?" Rose asked.

"It's the tradition something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue. The pearls are borrowed. My mother gave them to me on my wedding day."

"Thank you." Rose hugged her. "Now, you go put your dress on." Maggie was serving as maid of honor.

"All right, I'm going." She laughed and took her dress.

While she was changing Rose put on her "something new" which was a pair long white opera gloves. Sarah pinned her hair. She made it loose so that Roses curls hung freely. The "something blue" was a light colored ribbon in her hair. Finally they placed the vale on her head, the lace hung gracefully down her back. Now she was the beautiful bride. She looked so delicate that you would think a light breeze would blow her away.

"Rose you look gorgeous." Maggie exclaimed.

"So do you!" She replied. Maggie had just stepped out of the dressing room. She was wearing a dark green dress. Her long Auburn curls were half up and her brilliant Hazel eyes glowed.

"You both look astonishing. Your husbands won't know what to do with themselves." Sarah smiled.

All women turned when there was a knock at the door. "Oh it's the driver." Rose said.

"Well, I guess it's off to your wedding than Ms. Rose." Sarah smiled.

"I guess so. Just let me get my bouquet." Rose picked up her flowers. She checked herself over in the mirror. "Ok, I'm ready." She said with a sigh.

"Everything will be fine." Maggie whispered in her ear and took her arm. "I'm here for you."

"Thank you." Rose smiled gently.

The three women walked onto the street. A light breeze was still in the air. "Up you go," the driver helped all of them into the seat. When they started to move a smile played at there mouths. No words were needed. The moment was too perfect and precious to spoil with inadequate words. Everything had now come into a symphony of grander and nothing was going to spoil it. Nothing.






about back-to-titanic.com | contact us