Introduction Audio What's New? Movie Clips Downloads Making Waves Interaction Writings Film Info Websites Historical Info Experiences Image Gallery Merchandise Artwork B2T Games Music Guestbook

Today in Titanic History - with Searching
Today in
Titanic History

Tuesday, October 22, 2024
1886 - 1st class survivor Mr George Achilles Harder was born to Victor Achilles Harder and Minnie Mehl Harder in New York City, New York, USA.

1974 - 2nd class survivor Mrs Antonine Marie Mallet died in Paris, France at the age of 86.

1888 - 3rd class passenger Mr Nils Martin Ödahl was born to Ola Öhdal and Hanna Nilsson.

1887 - 3rd class passenger Mr René Aimé Lievens was born in Heldergem, Belgium.

1926 - Able Seaman and survivor Mr William Henry Lionel Weller died in a shipwreck at the age of 44.

search other dates

Help B2T stay afloat!

Shop at Cafepress
Buy this on a t-shirt!
Buy this on a t-shirt!
Buy this on a t-shirt!
more Titanic designs




A Love Never Fading: Chapter 51


Rated PG-13
© 1999 Isobel Christian @ ELIZAFAIR@aol.com
based on some characters
and situations originated by James Cameron

Saturday, October 18, 1919

Rose walked in. Immediately she heard Maggie. "Rose you got a letter!" Her heart skipped a beat. She ran into the kitchen. Maggie was holding a letter. Brian stood next to her. From there everything seemed like it was in slow motion. She took the letter. It was from the state department. Rose held it in her shaking hand. But it was to much everything swept over her. Her whole body started to shake and she fell to the floor in sobs. Rose felt Brian's arms warp around her in comfort. He rocked her back and forth and told her everything would be all right. Maggie took the envelope from Roses hand. She slowly opened it. Her eyes scanned the paper and she screamed. Her eyes filled with tears.

"He's coming home! He's coming home! He's coming home!" She ran to where Rose and Brian where and wrapped her arms around them. The three of them cried hysterically.

A confused Andrew walked into the kitchen. He pushed his way through Maggie and looked at Rose. She had of course been crying most of all. He climbed into her lap. "Don't be sad Wose." He shook his head. "Don't be sad." Andrew hugged her around the neck. "I make you better."

Rose smiled. She rocked him back and forth. "I'm not sad. I'm not sad. I'm happier than I've been in two years."

Maggie and Brian looked at one another and smiled. They hugged one another. "Everything's coming back. He's coming back to us." Maggie whispered in his ear.

Rose smiled it was all coming true. All those promises, all those prayers. Jack was coming home. Her Jack. She would be able to hold him in her arms once more. She would be able to feel him. She would be able to kiss him again.

She remembered the letter. Rose picked it up to see what it said.

Dear Mrs. Dawson,

Your husband Jack Dawson who was previously listed as missing in action has been found. Not all details are clear but we believe he was trapped behind enemy lines, then taken prisoner. He was found by a fellow solider and brought to a hospital where he was nursed back to health. He will be arriving home by boat on Tuesday, November 18, 1919. We hope you and your family hasn't suffered to much from his missing. God bless.

Rose smiled. She ran upstairs and put the letter with the rest of her letters. She had been right all along. He was coming home. Rose climbed unto her bed. She wasn't tired but she wanted time to reflect. She closed her eyes and dreamed about her future. With Jack.






about back-to-titanic.com | contact us