Introduction Audio What's New? Movie Clips Downloads Making Waves Interaction Writings Film Info Websites Historical Info Experiences Image Gallery Merchandise Artwork B2T Games Music Guestbook

Today in Titanic History - with Searching
Today in
Titanic History

Friday, October 18, 2024
1973 - 1st class survivor Miss Elsie Edith Bowerman died of a cerebral vascular accident (stroke) in Hailsham, Sussex, England, UK at the age of 83.

1959 - 1st class survivor Mrs Bertha Chambers died at the age of 80.

1909 - 2nd class passenger Mr Stephen Hold married Annie Margaret Hill, who was also on the Titanic, in St. Keverne Church, Cornwall, England, UK. They were in fact distant cousins as Annie’s grandmother and Stephen’s mother were sisters.

search other dates

Help B2T stay afloat!

Shop at Cafepress
Buy this on a t-shirt!
Buy this on a t-shirt!
Buy this on a t-shirt!
more Titanic designs




Short stories: To the stars


Rated G
© 1999 Kari Raines @ JadedAmida@aol.com
based on some characters and situations originated by James Cameron

Sometimes when I dream, I dream of your voice. I hear you whispering in my ears words of encouragement and hope; your voice is so sweet I find myself falling into it. Sometimes when I think I can't go on, I close my eyes and I see your smiling face, so full of laughter and promises.

Promises of a future that will never be, and a family that will never be. I open my eyes in the quiet of the starlit night. I can see your face in every constellation, smiling down on me in that way that you had that always filled me with happiness.

I return the smile, whispering softly, "To the stars . . . "

But on this night, your smile, which I keep safely hidden with me, only saddens me as I dream of things that can never be. I see the stars and I can only think of the time I lay staring up at them absently, my body numbed with the cold deadness of the sea. I think about how you had left my side, and I never even knew it until it was too late.

I think of the piteous wailing and the futile hope I had momentarily experienced; the hope that had soon afterwards drained away with your last breath.

Then I awaken, startled, as I hear the sound of breathing beside me and a warm breath on my neck. I turn my head, and you're once again by my side, visible by the moonlight. Without a word, you place your hand on my face--so warm, so real.

I hear the promise I had whispered to you on that dreadful night suddenly resurface. The message is clear. My eyes fill with tears--something they had not done since I had lost you. The numbness had so completely overtaken me.

But with your gentle touch and warm embrace, I can suddenly remember how to feel; how to cry. I remember the gift you gave me and the sacrifice you made.

"To the stars . . . " you whisper gently. Yes, to the stars and back is where we went, and where I would one day return. Until then, I had to live. For Jack.

The eternal beauty of the stars would wait forever.






about back-to-titanic.com | contact us