Introduction Audio What's New? Movie Clips Downloads Making Waves Interaction Writings Film Info Websites Historical Info Experiences Image Gallery Merchandise Artwork B2T Games Music Guestbook

Today in Titanic History - with Searching
Today in
Titanic History

Tuesday, October 22, 2024
1886 - 1st class survivor Mr George Achilles Harder was born to Victor Achilles Harder and Minnie Mehl Harder in New York City, New York, USA.

1974 - 2nd class survivor Mrs Antonine Marie Mallet died in Paris, France at the age of 86.

1888 - 3rd class passenger Mr Nils Martin Ödahl was born to Ola Öhdal and Hanna Nilsson.

1887 - 3rd class passenger Mr René Aimé Lievens was born in Heldergem, Belgium.

1926 - Able Seaman and survivor Mr William Henry Lionel Weller died in a shipwreck at the age of 44.

search other dates

Help B2T stay afloat!

Shop at Cafepress
Buy this on a t-shirt!
Buy this on a t-shirt!
Buy this on a t-shirt!
more Titanic designs




Starting Anew: Chapter 2, An Awakening


Rated PG-13
© 1999 Shirley @ SDL747@aol.com
based on some characters
and situations originated by James Cameron It seemed to Rose that she had been searching for Jack for days. Often she thought she heard his voice, but he never seemed to hear her calling his name. Her eyes felt heavy and she was having a hard time opening them. Rose could not understand why she felt a great weight on her chest. Slowly, she started to become aware of a strange smell, a combination of food and something medicinal.

"I must have been dreaming," she thought.

She lay there for awhile with her eyes closed, almost afraid to open them and find out where she was. Slowly she moved her thumb up and down the hand that held hers so tightly. It was a hand, of that she was sure, a little rough to the touch, but tenderly holding hers. Finally she got up the courage to open her eyes. And what greeted them was someone's head, close to hers. A head covered with blond shaggy hair. Rose pushed her chin against the head so she could breathe better. And then the head moved. Looking directly at her were two piercing blue eyes. Eyes that could only belong to one person.

"Jack, Jack?" she gasped.

Jack took her face in his hands and kissed her.

"Jack, what happened? Where am I? I've been looking for you and you didn't hear me."

Rose tried to wiggle into a sitting position, but she was too weak. She allowed Jack to put his arms around her and support her. Then he squeezed onto the bed and sat next to her.

"Oh Rose," he said softly, "I've been so worried about you. No one thought you would live."

He laid his head against hers.

"I love you Rose. I love you so much and I never got to tell you, until now."

He pulled her closer to him and leaned down and kissed her again.

"'Oh, Jack, I love you too. I, what, happened? I don't remember anything," she said.

"Rose, that's not important now. What is, is that we both survived and we're together. You have to get well and get out of here."

She suddenly felt weak. Just the exertion of speaking a few words had overwhelmed her. She nodded.

"Alright, Jack. I promise."

She looked up at him and smiled.

The same nurse that had given Jack hope earlier, entered the room and saw Jack sitting on the bed next to Rose.

"Is everything alright?" she asked. "Looks like it."

"Everything is very alright," replied Jack, as he stood up.

She hated to intrude on this very private moment, but she had to be sure that her patient was indeed better.

"I have a few things I need to do with Rose. Would you mind stepping outside, sir?" she asked.

Before Jack could speak, Rose answered.

"No, Jack, please don't leave me," she cried desperately.

He leaned over and kissed her forehead.

"Shh, I been here with you for all these days. I'm not about to abandon you now. I'll be just outside."

He stepped away from the bed, gradually letting go of her hand.

"Alright," she agreed weakly, but looking unsure, just the same.

"Don't worry," the nurse told him."I'll take good care of her."

Jack smiled nervously and left the room.

There was a bench against the wall in the hallway. Jack looked at it longingly. He was totally exhausted, mentally and physically. He sat down and stretched his legs out in front of him, then bent his head down.

"Oh, Rose, please get well," he said to himself. "Don't leave me now."

He hoped that she would make a full recovery. She was so weak and pale. Maybe some good food and some fresh air, would hasten her recovery.

A few minutes later, Molly came around the corner. She saw Jack sitting alone in the deserted hallway. Her heart sank. She was afraid it might come to this. The worst must have happened.

She took a deep breath and quietly sat down next to him. She put an arm around his shoulder and said, "Oh, Jack, I am so sorry, so very, very sorry, that it had to be this way for you." She started to rock him gently. "I wish there was something I could do for you."

Jack lifted his head and gave Molly a half smile.

"No, No, you don't understand. I'm just tired. Rose is better. She woke up. A nurse is in there checking on her."

Molly clapped her hands in front of her.

"Well, praise be," she declared, hugging Jack again. "Someone up there is looking out for the two of you. Mark my words, Jack."

Jack faced Molly and chose his words carefully.

"Molly, you've done so much for me. For Rose. I don't know how to thank you. Without you, I may never have found her."

Molly was embarrassed by this display of emotion. The men she knew were not capable of this kind of sincerity.

"Son," she said, "you just do right by that girl and give her a good life. Seeing the two of you happy is thanks enough for me."






about back-to-titanic.com | contact us