Introduction Audio What's New? Movie Clips Downloads Making Waves Interaction Writings Film Info Websites Historical Info Experiences Image Gallery Merchandise Artwork B2T Games Music Guestbook

Today in Titanic History - with Searching
Today in
Titanic History

Tuesday, October 22, 2024
1886 - 1st class survivor Mr George Achilles Harder was born to Victor Achilles Harder and Minnie Mehl Harder in New York City, New York, USA.

1974 - 2nd class survivor Mrs Antonine Marie Mallet died in Paris, France at the age of 86.

1888 - 3rd class passenger Mr Nils Martin Ödahl was born to Ola Öhdal and Hanna Nilsson.

1887 - 3rd class passenger Mr René Aimé Lievens was born in Heldergem, Belgium.

1926 - Able Seaman and survivor Mr William Henry Lionel Weller died in a shipwreck at the age of 44.

search other dates

Help B2T stay afloat!

Shop at Cafepress
Buy this on a t-shirt!
Buy this on a t-shirt!
Buy this on a t-shirt!
more Titanic designs




Starting Anew: Chapter 3, Rose, May 1, 1912


Rated PG-13
© 1999 Shirley @ SDL747@aol.com
based on some characters
and situations originated by James Cameron Rose tied and retied the bow on her blouse. Her hands were cold and shaking. Jack would be here for her in a few minutes. The nervousness that possessed her was unlike her normal self. She had never been nervous in Jack's presence those days on Titanic. On the contrary, he had been a calming influence, someone who made her feel feminine and intelligent. She could talk to him about serious things and he would not laugh. Jack would listen to her, unlike Cal, who either ignored or insulted her. Why then was she so nervous?

Rose tried to push the thoughts of Cal and her mother out of her mind. She hoped that Cal was out of her life forever, but when she thought about her mother, she sometimes had a guilty feeling. Even though Ruth had sacrificed Rose's happiness for financial security, she must be feeling some sadness at the death of her daughter.

"Am I right in continuing to allow Mother to think I am dead?" she wondered.

Rose and her mother had never been close and since her father had died, Ruth had become more distant and formal that ever.

"For right now, I have to let things be this way." thought Rose.

That part of her life was over and that was that. The freedom of going and saying what she wanted, and doing what pleased her, meant more to her than all the money in the world.

"Now I have to deal with Jack," Rose said to herself, as she looked into the mirror. "My God, I look so thin, so pale. I don't even look like myself. How can he possibly want me."

When she and Jack first met, things had been simple. There were no responsibilities, just the carefree shipboard existence. The only crucial thing had been to stay out of the way of Cal, Ruth and the dour Lovely. But now it seemed that things were very different.

Rose wondered what Jack must really think of her. She had been so forward and bossy when she had asked him to draw her and make love to her. But she loved him and she hoped and thought that he still cared for her.

"Surely he wouldn't have sat by my side and looked so worried about me, otherwise," she told herself.

That night on Titanic, Jack didn't seem to be taking advantage of her. He had blushed enough when she took her robe off and as for the other, well ........he had looked into her eyes before they began as if to search her soul. And he had been so gentle.

"What is done, is done," thought Rose.

She wanted to be with Jack and do all the things that they had talked about. But then what? Jack was a free spirit, while she had led a very sheltered life. She would be hopeless and helpless as a wife.

"Marriage?" thought Rose.

That topic had never come up. Somehow she didn't see Jack settling down. And when he did, he needed a helpmate, not a stone around his neck.

Rose finally got the bow tied and started brushing her hair. Maybe she should tell him that they should not see each other again, that they were not right for each other. But then she remembered the pain she had caused him when she sent him away before.

"NO, that is not the solution either."

Somehow, she felt that in spite of the great differences between them, they were still soulmates.

Rose focused her attention back on getting ready for Jack. Perhaps she should take a page out of Jack's book. Just let things happen, as he did, and see what develops.

"He'll be here any minute now," she remembered.

She looked at the clock in her room. It was 9:50 A.M. Jack had said he would be there at ten. Now she began to panic. Tell him yes, no, nothing? But there was no time. She heard his footsteps in the hall.






about back-to-titanic.com | contact us