Introduction Audio What's New? Movie Clips Downloads Making Waves Interaction Writings Film Info Websites Historical Info Experiences Image Gallery Merchandise Artwork B2T Games Music Guestbook

Today in Titanic History - with Searching
Today in
Titanic History

Tuesday, October 22, 2024
1886 - 1st class survivor Mr George Achilles Harder was born to Victor Achilles Harder and Minnie Mehl Harder in New York City, New York, USA.

1974 - 2nd class survivor Mrs Antonine Marie Mallet died in Paris, France at the age of 86.

1888 - 3rd class passenger Mr Nils Martin Ödahl was born to Ola Öhdal and Hanna Nilsson.

1887 - 3rd class passenger Mr René Aimé Lievens was born in Heldergem, Belgium.

1926 - Able Seaman and survivor Mr William Henry Lionel Weller died in a shipwreck at the age of 44.

search other dates

Help B2T stay afloat!

Shop at Cafepress
Buy this on a t-shirt!
Buy this on a t-shirt!
Buy this on a t-shirt!
more Titanic designs




Starting Anew: Chapter 4, Jack, May 1, 1912


Rated PG-13
© 1999 Shirley @ SDL747@aol.com
based on some characters
and situations originated by James Cameron It was still a bit chilly on this May morning, and Jack walked briskly as he headed toward the hospital to get Rose. As he walked, his thoughts, as they often did these days, went back to Titanic and what led up to his meeting with Rose. When he and Fabrizio had joined in that poker game in Southampton, he had never imagined winning that ticket on the ship, any more than he could have dreamt that the beautiful girl he had seen standing on the deck above him, would become such an important and necessary part of his life. And while Titanic had taken his best friend Fabrizio, it had given him the woman with whom he wanted to spend the rest of his life.

Jack knew that he wanted to settle down with Rose. But with no prospects of a job, the idea of marrying her right away had seemed unlikely. It was Molly Brown who had come to his rescue again. Jack would be eternally grateful to her. She had found him and reunited him with Rose, after all. She had been his benefactor since the dinner on Titanic, helping him out in one way or another.

While Rose had been sick, he and Molly had many long talks. She recognized their deep love for one another and she too felt that should marry and soon. Jack had listened as Molly proposed a plan to him. She had sent out some feelers in Denver and had found someone at the Denver paper who would be willing to hire Jack to draw ads. She had even located a tutoring job for Rose. Molly also mentioned that she knew of a small house that was available. The young minister and his wife who had lived there, had moved on and it now stood vacant.

Jack had digested all this information. Maybe starting out in someplace new would be good. And without all this help, Jack knew he would have a hard time supporting Rose. He just hated to take charity. But Molly explained again that he would be working, not taking anything. And so Jack decided that if Rose was willing, they would give it a try. But Jack put his foot down about one thing. He and Rose would accept the money for a wedding trip from Molly, because to do otherwise would be rude, but the rest of the money she was spending on them now in New York, would be paid back and soon. Molly accepted his hard driven bargain and felt a strong sense of admiration for this proud young man.

Suddenly, the hospital loomed ahead of him. Jack turned his mind to the situation at hand. He loved Rose, of that he was sure. And he was also certain that Rose cared for him. He'd had enough wandering to last for a lifetime and he wanted Rose with him. The only certain way to keep her, was to marry her. But would Rose feel the same way?

She had an adventurous spirit. Hadn't she said that she was going to get off the boat with him? Well, that had happened, only not quite as they planned. But regardless of Rose's ideas, she was not the kind of woman a man lived with. She deserved the respectability of marriage. But as he thought about this, his heart was pounding. Both he and Rose were changed by the experience of Titanic. She had been ill and had time to think things over. Did she care enough about him to marry him? Jack knew that before the day was out he would know their fate. He was going to propose to Rose tonight. What was the point in waiting? Either they would have a future together or once and for all, go their separate ways.






about back-to-titanic.com | contact us