Introduction Audio What's New? Movie Clips Downloads Making Waves Interaction Writings Film Info Websites Historical Info Experiences Image Gallery Merchandise Artwork B2T Games Music Guestbook

Today in Titanic History - with Searching
Today in
Titanic History

Tuesday, October 22, 2024
1886 - 1st class survivor Mr George Achilles Harder was born to Victor Achilles Harder and Minnie Mehl Harder in New York City, New York, USA.

1974 - 2nd class survivor Mrs Antonine Marie Mallet died in Paris, France at the age of 86.

1888 - 3rd class passenger Mr Nils Martin Ödahl was born to Ola Öhdal and Hanna Nilsson.

1887 - 3rd class passenger Mr René Aimé Lievens was born in Heldergem, Belgium.

1926 - Able Seaman and survivor Mr William Henry Lionel Weller died in a shipwreck at the age of 44.

search other dates

Help B2T stay afloat!

Shop at Cafepress
Buy this on a t-shirt!
Buy this on a t-shirt!
Buy this on a t-shirt!
more Titanic designs




Rose's Angel: Chapter 23


Rated PG-13
© 1999 Holly @ Roseslay@aol.com
based on some characters
and situations originated by James Cameron Night was falling on the eternal Titanic. It was a dark and moonless night. The stars covered the sky like the chicken pocks that Jack had seen on a younger cousin when he was a boy. Everything that had happened prior to Titanic didn't even seem real to him anymore. It was more like a dream that he could only remember in bits and pieces. Of course, he missed his parents, but his afterlife was here. This was where he belonged for eternity, just as his parents were where they belonged for eternity. It comforted him greatly him to know they would spend eternity together.

Even though class didn't matter anymore, and Jack could go anywhere on the ship, he still preferred at night to lie on the bench in third class gazing up at the stars and smoking cigarettes. It reminded him of Rose and their first actual meeting. When he closed his eyes he could still hear Rose running past him the night she tried to jump off the ship. This was the place where Jack would wait every evening for Rose to call to him for their nightly talks, or rather, her nightly talk while he listened.

Tommy and Fabrizio seemed to enjoy their evenings playing poker and smoking cigars in the first class smoking room. 'How Rose would laugh if she only knew how well they all got along,' he thought grinning. They had become quite chummy with JJ Astor, Benjamin Guggenheim, and all the other ladies and gentlemen of first class. It didn't really matter who won or who lost the poker game. They didn't need money or wealth anymore; they played for fun and companionship. 'Too bad they could not realize in life what they did in afterlife,' Jack thought sadly. People are not just classes. They are human beings with souls. And when their lives were over, they all ended up in the same place, regardless of what class they were.

It was not unusual to see people from first class at the steerage parties down below the ship. In fact, quite often Wallace Hartley and his band from first class would play with the steerage band. Everyone, no matter what class they were, was having the time of their lives or afterlives, which ever they preferred. First class danced with steerage and steerage danced with first class. They taught each other different dances. They drank, sang, and laughed together. It was one big happy party.

It was not unusual to go to the first class dining room and see steerage dining with first class. They would be laughing and joking throughout dinner. 'Ruth would be appalled,' Jack thought happily. All classes of people were finding out what they missed in life by shunning each other. ‘If they had only known sooner -- how sad,' Jack thought.

All classes of children played together. The steerage children taught the first class children how to really play games and have some fun. The first class children, though there were very few that perished, shared with the steerage children their magnificent toys that their parents had bought them prior to sailing. The likes of these toys were nothing that the steerage children had ever seen before. They were wide-eyed with amazement.

Once in a while, Jack would wander up to the sitting room where he drew Rose's portrait. And sometimes he would stand at the bow of the ship and close his eyes and remember teaching Rose how to fly. Those times were few and far between. Jack preferred to recall every moment they had in life together lying under the stars. Normally that was how he spent his evenings, remembering his time on earth with Rose.

Tonight was different. Tonight as he blew cigarette smoke into the icy air, he thought about what Thomas Andrews had said. "Some souls are lucky enough to know what their unfinished business on earth is. Others, like myself, are doomed to wander the ship for eternity, unable to complete their unfinished business." This bothered Jack immensely. Thomas Andrews had a good heart. He saved as many people as he could. If not for him, Lightoller would never have started putting more people in the boats. He was the one who tried to stress the importance of getting the women and children into the boats without starting a panic. It was Thomas Andrews who told Rose the truth – that the ship would sink. If not for Thomas Andrews, Jack would have perished sooner. He told Rose where to find him when he was under arrest. He never once even considered making a try for it. He gave his life as punishment for not making a stronger ship, while other less scrupulous men saved themselves. He blamed himself for the loss of fifteen hundred souls.

'There must be something I can do to help him,' Jack thought. 'It wasn't his fault.' Then it hit him. Thomas Andrews needed forgiveness. 'Maybe there is something Tommy and Fabrizio can help me with,' he said to himself. With that thought Jack leapt off the bench and ran to find them.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Rose steeped off the train in California holding Brandon's arm. She looked at her surroundings. People were everywhere. Everyone was in a hurry. 'Well, this is California,' she thought.

"Nervous, now that we are finally here?" Brandon asked her.

"No, not in the least. I am never nervous when it comes to really living," she said, grinning at him, leaving out the fact that she had a guardian angel who was always with her.

"Let the adventure begin," Brandon said, returning her grin.

'Yes,' Rose thought as they walked away hand in hand. 'Let's make Hollywood count.'






about back-to-titanic.com | contact us