Introduction Audio What's New? Movie Clips Downloads Making Waves Interaction Writings Film Info Websites Historical Info Experiences Image Gallery Merchandise Artwork B2T Games Music Guestbook

Today in Titanic History - with Searching
Today in
Titanic History

Tuesday, October 22, 2024
1886 - 1st class survivor Mr George Achilles Harder was born to Victor Achilles Harder and Minnie Mehl Harder in New York City, New York, USA.

1974 - 2nd class survivor Mrs Antonine Marie Mallet died in Paris, France at the age of 86.

1888 - 3rd class passenger Mr Nils Martin Ödahl was born to Ola Öhdal and Hanna Nilsson.

1887 - 3rd class passenger Mr René Aimé Lievens was born in Heldergem, Belgium.

1926 - Able Seaman and survivor Mr William Henry Lionel Weller died in a shipwreck at the age of 44.

search other dates

Help B2T stay afloat!

Shop at Cafepress
Buy this on a t-shirt!
Buy this on a t-shirt!
Buy this on a t-shirt!
more Titanic designs




Rose's Angel: Chapter 4


Rated PG-13
© 1999 Holly @ Roseslay@aol.com
based on some characters
and situations originated by James Cameron

The Carpathia sailed into the New York Harbor just before 8 PM on April 18. The night was dark and gloomy. It was raining, slowly and steadily.

There were 30,000 people covering the docks. Reporters were already hovering like vultures. Fearful yet hopeful relatives were waiting to find out if their loved ones on the Titanic survived. Police lined the docks trying to keep the people back. A hush fell over the crowd as the Carpathia first sailed into White Star Line's Pier to lower Titanic‘s remaining lifeboats. The crowd gasped in horror when one lifeboat was accidentally dropped into the harbor.

Then, slowly, the Carpathia sailed into The Cunard Pier and into her berth.

Fabrizio said, "Tommy, Tommy, look the Statue of Liberty!"

"America!" Tommy looked at it longingly for a moment and then replied "I am
much happier here," and walked away.

Tears filled Jack's eyes when he saw the Statue of Liberty. "I am going home," he had said after winning the lucky hand of poker. Actually, he did go home, just not to the one he was planning on, he thought sadly to himself.

Rose stood on the deck of the Carpathia not even noticing the rain. There were people everywhere. Commotion was going on all around her. Survivors from the Titanic were crying with relief to be home, and for the loss of their loved ones. All Rose could see was the Statue of Liberty. "Okay, Jack, now what?" she whispered.

Jack hovered next to her. "You're going to make it Rose. Do you trust me?"

Rose felt him. She knew he was always with her. But she was more comfortable when she knew he was very near. "I trust you, Jack," she answered. Pushing her hands deep into the pockets of Cal's coat, she felt something. Pulling her hand out, she saw "Le Coeur de la Mer, The Heart of the Ocean." Her eyes were wide with amazement.

"It is to remind you I am always with you, you never have anything to fear" Jack said.

Feeling sure of herself for the first time since Jack died, Rose whispered, "You will live forever in my heart, Jack."

An immigration officer walked up to Rose and asked, "Can I take your name love?" Rose glanced at him and answered without thinking. "Dawson, Rose Dawson"

As she walked down the plank into the crowd of people she whispered "You're safe in my heart Jack."

'She took my name,' was all he could think. His heart broke at that moment. The one thing he had wanted, more than anything else in the world, was to give Rose his name. Now she had it. God, he wanted to be walking down the plank hand in hand with her. He yearned to be able to spend the rest of his life with her; to show her the world, teach her how to really live; to have babies with her; and to grow old together. Now that would never be. "I hope you enjoy your time together," that's what Cal had yelled at them when he tried to kill them. Jack certainly had, every moment of it.

Jack would still be with her to guide her when she needed him on the incredible journey called life. But someone else would get to live it with her. Eventually she would need him less and less. 'As it should be,' he thought. He hoped when the time came he would know when to step back and accept his position. That was a pain even he did not think he could bear. His one comfort was he would always be in her heart. He knew she would always keep that promise. But he was bitter; HE wanted that life with her.






about back-to-titanic.com | contact us