Introduction Audio What's New? Movie Clips Downloads Making Waves Interaction Writings Film Info Websites Historical Info Experiences Image Gallery Merchandise Artwork B2T Games Music Guestbook

Today in Titanic History - with Searching
Today in
Titanic History

Tuesday, October 22, 2024
1886 - 1st class survivor Mr George Achilles Harder was born to Victor Achilles Harder and Minnie Mehl Harder in New York City, New York, USA.

1974 - 2nd class survivor Mrs Antonine Marie Mallet died in Paris, France at the age of 86.

1888 - 3rd class passenger Mr Nils Martin Ödahl was born to Ola Öhdal and Hanna Nilsson.

1887 - 3rd class passenger Mr René Aimé Lievens was born in Heldergem, Belgium.

1926 - Able Seaman and survivor Mr William Henry Lionel Weller died in a shipwreck at the age of 44.

search other dates

Help B2T stay afloat!

Shop at Cafepress
Buy this on a t-shirt!
Buy this on a t-shirt!
Buy this on a t-shirt!
more Titanic designs




Rose's Angel: Chapter 41


Rated PG-13
© 1999 Holly @ Roseslay@aol.com
based on some characters
and situations originated by James Cameron

Wednesday, October 30, 1929

Rose sat Indian style on the couch watching her husband begin his nightly Gung Fu. Andrew played quietly on the floor, his eyes never leaving his Father's graceful form. Brandon lit the incense candle, and slowly bowed his head in prayer, long black hair falling into his eyes. Rose's heart about burst with love for the father of her son and unborn child due any day. Brandon was forty-four years old and looked just as he did the first time Rose saw him. He had not one gray hair; his body still rippled with lean muscles.

It was hard to believe they had been together almost sixteen years; sixteen glorious years and Rose loved him more each day. He was a wonderful father, supportive husband; everything Rose could have hoped for. But above all that, he loved Rose and his family more than life itself. He never once questioned her about her past or her close relationship with Molly Brown. He let her volunteer the information about herself and never prodded. Like many of Rose's friend's husbands, he never forbade her from having her own career or speaking her mind. In fact, he encouraged her to be her own person. Not one day went by that Rose didn't thank God for leading her to Brandon.

Life had treated the Calvert family very well. Brandon started his own carpentry business. He called it "Calvert's Carpenters"!

Rose had about laughed herself silly when he told her the name. "You are the only one in the business. Shouldn't it be 'Calvert Carpenter'?" she had asked in between giggles.

"No! No! No! No!" he had exclaimed. "I will be taking on two apprentices to learn the trade. So there, it's 'Calvert's Carpenters,'" he said, sticking his tongue out at his wife.

Andrew, who was just a week short of being two, was an adorable little boy, who seemed to have both his Mother and Father's adventurous spirit and zest for life. Brandon would joke and say, "He's the only red-headed, blue eyed, China man in existence!" This would prompt to Rose to playfully swat him over the head.

Rose loved her life, her family, and now a new little one on the way. She couldn't wait. She thrived at being a mother. She doted on Andrew and did something her own Mother never would have done; she encouraged him to be his own person. Locking eyes with Brandon, her beautiful husband smiled at her as he gracefully leaned down to steal a kiss and pat her bulging stomach, never once losing step with his routine.

"Oh Brandon," Rose said gently pushing him away. He winked at her, his eyes twinkling as he continued on.

Rose picked up the front page of the paper and began to read when all color drained from her face.

Pittsburgh Steel Tycoon Commits Suicide

Caledon Hockley, son of the late Nathan Hockley commits suicide after losing millions in yesterday's stock market crash on Wall Street. His wife Anna Lee Hockley, his son Caledon Hockley, Jr., and his daughter Rose Hockley survive him. Funeral Services will be held Friday at St. Peter's Church in Philadelphia at 10 a.m.

Rose couldn't believe it. She always knew Cal to be weak, she just never realized how weak. 'Without your money, you're nothing, Mr. Hockley. You always were a gutter rat, you just used your good name and money to hide behind. But then as far as I am concerned you died April 14, 1912. You just didn't realize it,' Rose thought coldly about the man to whom she had once been engaged.

Brandon noticed his wife's drastic change in color. "Are you all right, Rose?" he asked concerned.

"I am fine, just fine. Things seem to going as they should be," Rose answered grinning.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"He loved her still to this day, eh?" Fabrizio asked Jack.

"Of course, in his own sick, twisted way, Cal loved Rose. He just didn't know how to show it," Jack answered.

"He was a rat bastard who couldn't handle it when the chips were down, so he took the easy way out," Tommy interjected.

"Maybe so, but if he wouldn't have brought Rose on Titanic I never would have met her. For that I am thankful," Jack said.

"Are you out of your mind?" Tommy asked "Thankful to that pond scum!" Tommy was incredulous.

"He loved Rose. He never stopped loving her till the day he died. He named his only daughter after her. Look at Rose -- she is everything. You can't blame him for fighting for what he thought was his. I hold no bad feelings towards him. In the end, Rose chose to stay with me. If anything, I feel bad for the guy. He never realized love isn't something you possess, it's something you give in order to get it back," Jack stated with a matter-of-fact manner.

Once again Tommy was struck with a newfound respect for a man named Jack Dawson.






about back-to-titanic.com | contact us