Introduction Audio What's New? Movie Clips Downloads Making Waves Interaction Writings Film Info Websites Historical Info Experiences Image Gallery Merchandise Artwork B2T Games Music Guestbook

Today in Titanic History - with Searching
Today in
Titanic History

Tuesday, October 22, 2024
1886 - 1st class survivor Mr George Achilles Harder was born to Victor Achilles Harder and Minnie Mehl Harder in New York City, New York, USA.

1974 - 2nd class survivor Mrs Antonine Marie Mallet died in Paris, France at the age of 86.

1888 - 3rd class passenger Mr Nils Martin Ödahl was born to Ola Öhdal and Hanna Nilsson.

1887 - 3rd class passenger Mr René Aimé Lievens was born in Heldergem, Belgium.

1926 - Able Seaman and survivor Mr William Henry Lionel Weller died in a shipwreck at the age of 44.

search other dates

Help B2T stay afloat!

Shop at Cafepress
Buy this on a t-shirt!
Buy this on a t-shirt!
Buy this on a t-shirt!
more Titanic designs




Rose's Angel: Chapter 7


Rated PG-13
© 1999 Holly @ Roseslay@aol.com
based on some characters
and situations originated by James Cameron Rose walked cautiously into the lobby of the grand hotel. She did not want to run into anyone she knew. She was doing this alone.... almost. 'Jack is with me, of course,' she thought. At one point she thought of contacting Molly Brown, but this was something she had to do. In a few years she would get in touch with Molly to let her know she was okay; to tell her what had happened to her and Jack. Molly liked Jack and Rose was thankful to her for helping to save him from being Cal's joke at the dinner in first class.

As Rose made her way to the front of the lobby, a distinguished looking gentleman stopped her. "Are you a Titanic survivor, Miss?" he asked. Startled, Rose's eyes widened with surprise, and then suspicion. Her first instinct was to lie, but something inside her told her to be honest with this man. "Why, yes sir, I am a STEERAGE survivor," she said proudly. "The companions I was traveling with did not survive the sinking," she said. As she said this her mind flashed back not just to Jack but to Fabrizio, Tommy, and dear Mr. Andrews.

"Let me introduce myself," he said. "I am Allan Collins, Chief Aide to Senator William Alden Smith. The Senator will be conducting hearings starting today at 10:30 am at the Waldorf-Astoria to determine why the Titanic sank, and if there was negligence involved. The Senator is starting proceedings as quickly as possible before a lot of the survivors leave the city and scatter."

Rose looked at him and said, "Does he want to get to the bottom of the tragedy or just push it under the rug?"

"No Miss, I assure you, the Senator is only interested in the truth. May we expect you then?"

"I need to get a change of clothes and something to eat. Then I will be able to attend."

"It is not necessary, Miss, you look fine, and the Waldorf-Astoria is providing free breakfast to the Titanic survivors." He answered.

Rose looked him square in the eye and said "SIR, after I have a proper change of clothes I will be there."

"If you insist, Miss. It starts in one hour" with that he turned and walked away thinking. 'For a steerage passenger this one has a lot of spunk.'

'Jack was right,' she thought. 'I do have a fire inside of me.' This was important. She needed to know why the unsinkable ship had gone down. Even if it meant revealing her survival to her Mother and Cal. She needed to do this not just for her and Jack, but for Fabrizio, who wanted to see the Statue of Liberty. For Tommy, who dreamed of starting a new life in America, and for Mr. Andrews, whose beautiful ship became his obsession and his life. For all the people whose dreams were shattered when the Titanic sank beneath them. She had better hurry and pawn this hideous ring.

"Well, I‘ll be damned, angels are flying out of my arse," Tommy said to Jack and Mr. Andrews. Both men broke into a fit of laughter. "Looks as if Young Rose is trying to get us justice," said Thomas Andrews. "I don't know if she will get justice," replied Jack, "but if I know Rose, she will get answers"

"Not bad for a first class girl," Jack thought. He was bursting with pride and admiration for her. She was MAKING IT COUNT!!!

Hurrying down the street, Rose heard him in her soul, and smiled.






about back-to-titanic.com | contact us