Introduction Audio What's New? Movie Clips Downloads Making Waves Interaction Writings Film Info Websites Historical Info Experiences Image Gallery Merchandise Artwork B2T Games Music Guestbook

Today in Titanic History - with Searching
Today in
Titanic History

Tuesday, October 22, 2024
1886 - 1st class survivor Mr George Achilles Harder was born to Victor Achilles Harder and Minnie Mehl Harder in New York City, New York, USA.

1974 - 2nd class survivor Mrs Antonine Marie Mallet died in Paris, France at the age of 86.

1888 - 3rd class passenger Mr Nils Martin Ödahl was born to Ola Öhdal and Hanna Nilsson.

1887 - 3rd class passenger Mr René Aimé Lievens was born in Heldergem, Belgium.

1926 - Able Seaman and survivor Mr William Henry Lionel Weller died in a shipwreck at the age of 44.

search other dates

Help B2T stay afloat!

Shop at Cafepress
Buy this on a t-shirt!
Buy this on a t-shirt!
Buy this on a t-shirt!
more Titanic designs




Rose Down Under: Chapter 11


Rated G
© 1999 Amanda @ titanicsrose@goplay.com
based on some characters and situations originated by James Cameron

Rose stood up and began to walk away from the calm of the waterfall. As she progressed along the bush track back towards Patrick's house, she lent her gaze to a pair of interwoven butterflies. They fluttered around each other, engrossed in the other's motion. Suddenly, Rose slammed into a man hurrying in the opposite direction. His papers scattered messily in the wind and fell to the dirty ground.

"Pardon me miss," he excused himself. "I should have been watching where I was going."

"It's not your fault. Here, let me help you with that." Rose bent down and began collecting the strewn papers. Rose peered at the young man as he scurried around on the bush floor. He had short sandy blonde hair and piercing green eyes. A worried expression draped form his clean shaven face.

After all the papers were off the ground, the man strode over to Rose, took her hand and kissed it softly. Mocking first class trends, he stated "Thank you for your help miss." Slowly he looked up and smiled at her.

Rose was overcome with memories of Jack kissing her hand on the grand staircase, "I saw that on a Nickelodeon once and I always wanted to do it." More tears welled up on the edges of Rose's eyes. Quickly she wiped them away with her free hand and tuned back into reality. She smiled back sweetly and him and laughed at his imitation of her old life.

"I'm Ben," he said casually shaking her hand this time. "I am sort of in a rush to get these papers into my boss by 2. You look like you're new around these parts," Ben stated while looking into her eyes, as if trying to see if he knew her. "I would be honoured if you would accompany me into town, and then maybe I could show you around a bit."

Rose thought over his suggestion. She had nothing better to do and he seemed a nice man. "That sounds lovely. Thank you."

Together they began walking towards the town, about a 15 minute walk from where they stood. Ben continually stole gazes towards Rose and they walked side by side, barely fitting on the narrow track.

"You know, I used to prefer walking in the quiet of this bush track instead of the busy main road. I would often almost get run over by a horse or automobile while walking on the road. But after today . . ." Ben looked to his side at Rose, "I believe the road may be safer."

Rose laughed at his joke. "I'm am so sorry. I was enthralled by a pair of butterflies. I wasn't looking where I was going. I will try to be more careful next time, I promise." At the sound of her words, Rose was sent back to that night not so long ago. "I will never let go, I promise." Was she keeping her promise to Jack? Was she moving on, enjoying her life? She didn't know how she was going to survive if every person, every painting every second of the day reminded her of Jack.

Suddenly Rose realized that Ben was talking to her. He looked at her worriedly. "Oh I'm sorry, I was just thinking," Rose covered up softly. "What were you saying?"

"I was wondering where you were from. You don't exactly sound or even look like an Aussie."

"Oh. Well, I have lived most of my life in America. I only recently moved to Australia because . . ." Rose hesitated. What was she going to say that would sound believable? "...... I had some family problems. I needed to get away and have my own space. America is so very different to out here. There is no hustle and bustle of the city and no-one pushes you to be who they want, or go where they want to go," Rose's voice
began to get louder as she went on," Out here, you can be your own person. You can do what you want and MAKE EACH DAY COUNT!" After her outburst, Rose fell to the floor. Overcome with horrific memories, she slipped into unconsciousness. Ben looked on uncertainly, and was confused. He stood over her silently, bewildered at her current state.

Next Chapter





about back-to-titanic.com | contact us